Bill O'Reilly and ex-Fox chief are hit with more allegations

Tomas Mccoy
April 5, 2017

"We seek to partner with companies and programs that share our values of inclusion and diversity", Hyundai said in a text message. It turns out Laurie Dhue, as reported by The New York Times, another former Fox News anchor, said she'd been assault - excuse me - sexually harassed by him.

On Tuesday, BMW of North America, Allstate Corp, French pharmaceuticals maker Sanofi SA, direct marketer Constant Contact, men's clothing company Untuckit and mutual fund operator T. Rowe Price all told Reuters they are no longer advertising on the show.

Carmaker Mercedes-Benz, a unit of Daimler, pulled its advertising from "The O'Reilly Factor" after the newspaper report.

A Fox News spokeswoman had no comment on the lawsuit by Roginsky, 43, who has appeared on Fox News programs since 2011 and writes a column for the network's website.

O'Reilly's lawyer, Fredric S. Newman, in a statement to the Times suggested O'Reilly might take legal action against some people bringing claims against him, stating: "We are now seriously considering legal action to defend Mr. O'Reilly's reputation".

"I just want a nontoxic work environment for my daughters and their generation", she said.

"Nobody can silence me because my voice is not for sale", Walsh said. Fox News declined to comment.


Walsh said she thought O'Reilly wanted to go to the hotel bar to continue their conversation. The Times reported that settlements totaling $13 million had been reached with five women who accused O'Reilly of inappropriate behavior.

However, with sponsors pulling out, and Fox News and its parent company 21st Century Fox now losing sponsors over heavy accusations leveled against O'Reilly, it's possible the 67-year-old anchor's time with the network could be jeopardy.

A Fox News contributor sued on Monday, alleging sexual harassment by its ousted former chairman, Roger Ailes. Walsh said she spoke publicly to show other women they can fight sexual harassment.

Hyundai in its statement said: "Hyundai now has no advertising running on 'The O'Reilly Factor.' We had upcoming advertising spots on the show but are reallocating them due to the recent and disturbing allegations".

Mercedes-Benz said it would instead run advertising elsewhere on the 21st Century Fox-owned outlet. O'Reilly in a statement said his fame had made him a target, but that no complaint about him had ever been made through Fox's human-resources hotline.

According to the suit, "Fox News and Ailes discriminated against Roginsky... by making her deserved promotion to a regular spot hosting The Five contingent upon having a sexual relationship with Ailes".

"But most importantly, I'm a father who cares deeply for my children and who would do anything to avoid hurting them in any way". O'Reilly, host of "The O'Reilly Factor", the network's biggest star, added, "I have put to rest any controversies to spare my children".

Other reports by Ligue1talk

Discuss This Article

FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER