Scattered showers and storms today; clearing out Sunday

Kristopher Drake
July 2, 2017

TROPICS: All remains quiet across the Atlantic basin, and tropical storm formation is not expected through the next five days.

Tuesday night: A chance of showers and thunderstorms before 1 a.m.

Monday will be partly sunny in the morning, then become mostly cloudy with a chance of showers and thunderstorms. South wind around 10 miles per hour.

By Friday, clouds will lower and thicken and rain over the mountains (starting pre-dawn) will gradually push east and set the tone for the day. Southwest wind around 9 miles per hour. Up to a quarter of an inch of rain could fall, with higher amounts possible in thunderstorms. A second cold front will pass through in the evening with a stray shower, but most will just see some patchy clouds. While it is still a couple days details still need to be ironed out but right now latest thinking is the risk for severe weather is low although some strong storms may occur with small hail and gusty winds. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 88. Northwest wind 3 to 6 miles per hour.

Saturday night will bring a 70 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 61. Thursday evening, a line of storms in northwestern Missouri will move southeast to near HWY 24 7-9 PM, moving south overnight.


Scattered showers and storms could thin out a bit Monday and Tuesday, but the overall situation won't change too much. South wind 5 to 7 miles per hour.

Showers will continue to be likely into Saturday night, along with a possible thunderstorm. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 70 degrees.

Wednesday Night. A 40 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms. Sunday's high will reach a balmy 89. Chance of precipitation is 60 percent.

Fourth of July at this point looks to have scattered showers and storms along and north of I-44 by evening. It will be a hot afternoon as highs approach 90 degrees, but it won't be as humid. Highs will likely climb into the low to even mid 90s for some. Friday night will remain cloudy and muggy, but we should be rain free for Friday night fireworks.

Other reports by Ligue1talk

Discuss This Article

FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER