Barcelona target Ousmane Dembele has gone AWOL, admits Dortmund manager Bosz

Beth Cruz
August 11, 2017

Barcelona based newspaper Sport says that Dembele removing the club's (Borussia Dortmund's) name from his social media accounts is another sign that his head is not with the German club at the moment.

Barcelona are eager to bring in at least one star quality signing following the sale of Neymar to Paris Saint-Germain, with Dembele, who enjoyed a fine first season with Dortmund, having emerged as one of the Catalan club's main targets.

Speculation about Dembele's possible move to the Camp Nou reached fever-pitch in recent days after the French global deleted the words "Borussia Dortmund" and the team's slogan "true love" from his Twitter and Instagram profiles.

The Bundesliga outfit confirmed they have met Barca representatives but the offer for the 20-year-old did not meet their valuation of the France worldwide.

'We don't know where he is.

"I talked to Dembele yesterday [Wednesday]".


He told Mundo Deportivo: "Last year I had contact with the Barcelona sports director".

The announcement came after Dembele skipped a Dortmund training session on Thursday, sending the rumour mill into overdrive. "We hope nothing bad has happened".

Should Dembele's move go through it would see Dortmund make a huge profit on a player who has only played 32 games for the club.

The news of Dembele's unexplained absence from his side's workout will no doubt only serve to add fuel to the fire that a big-money move to Catalunya is now very much on the cards for the talented starlet.

Coutinho, on the other hand, has been the one of the Reds' best player since Luis Suarez' departure and played a key role in the club's top 4 finish last season.

Other reports by Ligue1talk

Discuss This Article

FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER