Mom's boyfriend arrested as authorities say missing 3-year-old assumed dead

Kristopher Drake
December 3, 2017

A missing 3-year-old North Carolina girl is believed to be dead and her mother's boyfriend has been arrested in connection to the disappearance that prompted an Amber Alert earlier this week.

Earl Kimrey, 32, believed to be the boyfriend of the child's mother, was apprehended Friday, the Onslow County Sheriff's Department and Federal Bureau of Investigation announced early Saturday.

Newly released warrants from the Onslow County Sheriff's Office indicate that Kimery 'allegedly knowingly concealed the unnatural death of Mariah Woods, and secretly hid the child's body'.

Kimrey faces several charges, including concealing of death, obstruction of justice, second-degree burglary, felony larceny, and possession of stolen property.

Kimrey is now being held in the Onslow County Detention Center under a $1,010,000 bond.

Her mother told investigators she last saw Mariah Sunday, and Kimrey saw her later that night.

The searches will now shift to a recovery process. The search was organized by Team Adam, a program for the National Center for Missing & Exploited Children that provides on-site assistance to law enforcement agencies and families in cases of missing children, according to Onslow County Sheriff Hans Miller.

The FBI asked for any business or residents near U.S. Highway 17 or state Highway 53 in the area where the girl disappeared to call police and let them see the footage.


The FBI said it has been sending "items of interest" to its lab in Quantico, Virginia, for priority testing in the case.

Kristy, who this week disabled her Facebook account after posting the missing person's appeal for her daughter, claimed that Mariah was taken by a stranger.

It has been five days since the little girl vanished from her home in the dead of night.

The investigation is ongoing.

In a tearful television appearance on Tuesday, she said: 'Please, bring her back.

Authorities have arrested a man in connection with the disappearance of a 3-year-old North Carolina girl.

Officials said more than 700 people came Friday to join the search for the toddler.

Other reports by Ligue1talk

Discuss This Article

FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER