Everton set to agree £15m attacker deal, medical today - not Tosun

Beth Cruz
January 5, 2018

A medical examination appears to be the only obstacle standing between Everton star Ross Barkley and a move to Chelsea following a £15million deal, after Tottenham pulled their interest in the England midfielder.

The England global is believed to be in London to negotiate terms with the reigning Premier League champions, despite having turned them down last summer.

The 24-year-old's future has been subject to speculation for some time, particularly since the summer transfer window in which he rejected a deal with Chelsea on deadline day.

With Barkley's current contract set to expire at the end of this season, Everton look to have chose to cash in on him now rather than allow him to leave on a free transfer in the summer.

Barkley opted against leaving Everton while carrying a hamstring injury that has forced him to sit on the sidelines so far this season.


Tottenham Hotspur have brought an end to their interest in Everton midfielder Ross Barkley and have begun to focus their attention on alternative targets for the January transfer window.

Everton manager Sam Allardyce said on Thursday the club had been resigned to losing Barkley for some time.

New manager Sam Allardyce said previous year that if he returned to full fitness and remained committed, he could still have a future at the club.

Barkley has been at Everton since he was 11-years-old, having been spotted by the club's late and prolific former scout Sid Benson, and made 150 Premier League appearances.

Other reports by Ligue1talk

Discuss This Article

FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER