Mark Wahlberg Reportedly Made Significantly More Than Female Co-Star For Re-Shoots

Tomas Mccoy
January 11, 2018

USA Today sparked the outcry with an exclusive story saying Williams' total compensation for the reshoots was less than $1,000, meaning Wahlberg received more than 1,500 times as much.

Michelle Williams was paid considerably less than 1% of co-star Mark Wahlberg's earnings for reshooting scenes in awards season contender All the Money in the World.

But three sources, who remained anonymous, were cited in the report detailing Wahlberg and Williams' payments for the unprecedented shoot.

"I refused to get paid", Scott said, but "Christopher had to get paid, but Michelle, no". She's been in the industry for 20 yrs.

Other stars are taking to social media to comment on the pay differences, not only in "All the Money in the World", but across the board in Hollywood as well, Entertainment Weekly reported.

That's electrifying enough on its own; what's more startling is that both actors are represented by the same agency, William Morris Endeavor, and Williams reportedly was not told that Wahlberg's representatives had negotiated the hefty fee for him.

Time's Up on the gender pay gap. "It's a demand for fair practices".

The wave of publicity that followed made All the Money in the World, distributed by Sony and financed by Imperative Entertainment, roll into the Sunday's Golden Globes as a relative triumph. It is possible that those representing Ms. Williams did not know about the deal that Mr. Wahlberg was able to secure.


"On the day after display of female power at the #goldenglobes, I learned that there was an egregious pay gap between Michelle Williams and Mark Wahlberg for the All The Money In The World reshoot", she wrote.

Last year, Forbes Magazine named Wahlberg Hollywood's highest paid actor.

Spacey was accused a year ago of making unwanted sexual advances towards men. He has also been accused of serial harassment throughout his career.

In response, Spacey said he was "beyond horrified" and did not remember the incident.

Veteran director Scott conducted widely talked about reshoots on the crime drama in November to replace Kevin Spacey with Christopher Plummer ahead of its December 22 domestic release.

At the time, director Ridley Scott said the actors agreed to do the re-shoots for free. CNNMoney has reached out to Scott for comment.

"I really hope that with everything coming to light, she was paid fairly", she tweeted. "And they could have my salary; they could have my holiday, whatever they wanted", she told USA Today.

Movie producer Judd Apatow called the claims "messed up". and added: 'I wonder if the studio or Wahlberg will do something to make the situation less insane'.

Other reports by Ligue1talk

Discuss This Article

FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER